After the wafer has been used, it can be recycled by polishing and reused as a test wafer. The cost is much lower than using a new test wafer. Wafers can be processed more than once for additional savings. The cost of original wafers has led to more companies choosing to recycle wafers. Why waste it when you can recycle used wafers to the mechanical test level to meet all calibration needs? Alfa Chemistry provides wafer polishing services for original and recycled wafer substrates, ranging from 25 mm to 300 mm. With the continuous growth of wafer usage, Alfa Chemistry's wafer recycling service has become an important cost-saving tool-allowing you to reduce the purchase of original wafers. Contact us for more service information.
Alfa Chemistry's Wafer Polishing and Reclaim Capabilities
Alfa Chemistry recycles wafers through single-sided polishing (SSP) or double-sided polishing (DSP) processes to produce high-quality finished products.
- The processes for wafer reclaim ranging: from a simple "strip and clean" process, to a minimal "kiss" polish to a full repolish/reclaim of the wafer.
- Process monitor wafers or defective products can be recycled 2 - 3 times and used as test-level materials.
- Wafers with layers composed of epitaxy, photoresist, metal coating, dielectric, etc. can be recycled 2 - 3 times.
- Recyclable wafer size: 25 mm to 300 mm
- One popular service is to stick a film on the wafer, perform a simple stripping and cleaning of the wafer, and then recoat the wafer with a new film.
Alfa Chemistry's Wafer Reclaim Process
- Wafer Inspection: Wafers are classified by thickness, type and resistivity. The wafers then move into either lapping or etching, depending upon the type of film or pattern on the wafer and the general condition of the wafer at incoming inspection.
- Etching or Grinding: After etching or grinding, the wafer usually has no surface defects and can be re-polished.
- Polishing: According to wafer diameter and specifications, polishing can be SSP or DSP.
- Cleaning and Inspection: The wafer enters the cleaning process and then goes through the final inspection process, including particle inspection (surface cleanliness).
- Packaging: Pack the wafers in a clean box, double-package, label and box for transportation.
Alfa Chemistry's Instrument Platforms
Alfa Chemistry is provided with a complete set of tools for quality inspection of reclaim wafers. Our analytical instruments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Steady State Heat Flow Method
- Thermomechanical Analysis (TMA)
- Dynamic Thermomechanical Analysis (DMA)
- Four-Point Probe Method Eddy
- And More