Adjusting the wafer size is sometimes referred to as wafer coring. Alfa Chemistry provides customers with very precise and effective silicon (Si) and silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafer size adjustments. Our sizing service can also be applied to other wafer materials, such as glass or GaAs. Alfa Chemistry's low-cost, efficient, and innovative small-scale wafer size adjustment service is suitable for researchers from universities and companies.
Compared with other sizing methods, our proprietary process puts less stress on silicon wafers. At the same time, we also rounded the edge of the wafer to eliminate edge chipping. We often work with 50 nm, 75 nm, 100 nm, 125 nm, 150 nm, 200 nm and 300 nm wafers. However, we can also produce customized non-standard sizes.
Alfa Chemistry's Wafer Resizing/Coring Capabilities
- Process any wafer with a diameter of up to 300 mm
- Handling wafers as thin as 0.150 mm
- Wafers that have been adjusted in size from 50 mm to 200 mm
- Produce multiple sized wafers from a single wafer. For example, we can produce two 100 mm wafers from a single 200 mm wafer.
- Generate SEMI standard plane +/- 0.002 degrees
- Produce SEMI-compliant gaps on the resized wafer
- The outer diameter tolerance is +/- 0.100 mm
- The tolerance of the center position is +/- 0.050 mm
- Offset wafer center to maximize chip yield
- The laser scribes the wafer ID on the adjusted wafer to control the wafer identity
- Wafer edge rounding/chamfering
- Use deionized water or deionized water
- Trimming, thinning or stepping the edge of the wafer to adjust the size
- Cut into small pieces and finished with the residue of the original wafer
- Patterned and blank wafers can be cut into any geometric shape or size, such as round, square, notched, flat bottom, multiple flat surfaces, etc.
- We core silicon, germanium, gallium arsenide, indium phosphide, graphite, silicon carbide, diamond coated wafers, stainless steel wafers, and many others.
- We are committed to making your project complete as soon as possible, and can process your order within one day turnaround, if necessary.
Alfa Chemistry's Standard Coring and Wafer Processing Details
- The processed wafers are cleaned in class 100 cleanroom environment
- A blanket coat of photoresist is applied for wafer protection
- The wafers are background to the required thickness if required
- The resized wafers are edge rounded to increase their ability to handle mechanical stress
- A detailed inspection is performed
- The wafers are packaged and shipped